Monday 23 May 2016

How To Gradually Say Goodbye To Body Odour

The worst smell anyone can have is body odour and mouth odour.  Mouth odour might not be known to all till you open your mouth to speak but body odour!,  Ah! it's more like every where you go. 
Let me just be real here,  you know the way wey fly dey take gather around shit,  that's how body odour seems to be.  I learnt everyone has a particular smell either good or bad (don't know how true it is) but I know I smell fresh all day all time. LOL. How about you?
Body odour could make one miss so many good things,  could make people resist that smelly person for no reason, could even be a turnoff for that girl you wanna woo (toast for better understanding.  Lol).  Which girl no like better thing before? .  It only takes a good friend to stay with you in times like this and it takes a genuine friend to be sincere enough to tell you that you don't have a nice smell..  Lol.
This is what happens to most people with  body odour,  they tend to be the most friendly people but realize they're shunned or snubbed.  If you notice you're snubbed a lot of times from different people all the time or you don't have friends that have stayed with you for so long,  check ya self .  Hehe. 
During my NYSC days,  there's this colleague / corper who whenever she sits besides me and controls her handfan to my direction,  I literally hold my breath. 
Why? Cos the most terrible  way to die is by suffocating in one's smell. 
Did I tell her?  No,  because I didn't know how she'll feel.
Truth is most of us (the smelles) find it difficult to tell them (the smellers) cos of fear of how they'll react?,  how they'll feel?,  can they accept your advice and all?.  Yeah!  I've been there,  smelt that.  Lool.
So here are ways to either reduce or gradually  end that history to body odour.  Remember,  Persistence is key:
1. Shave and Scrub :
That armpit and your public area is one vital part of your body that should be given detailed attention.  Once the hair starts springing out ,  get some shaving stick or hair removal (any one that works for you ) and ensure you Scrub all the time. 

2. Personal Hygiene is Key:
Asides the armpit scrubbing and all.  Your body needs that care and attention.  Some people can smell fresh all day without having their bath twice while some needs to shower thrice daily to maintain that freshness.  I know things are hard and the hustle is real but you could still have a feel of freshness after having a tedious day at work. 
3. Avoid Sweating:
Some people sweat too much that you could literally see a well drawn map of Nigeria on their shirt around their armpit area.   I don't know why.  Worst thing is when they sweat,  they don't care about the next person sitting beside them(I try to avoid sitting beside people like these in the commercial bus) ,  they don't even care to get an handkerchief to wipe off their body.  That's how the sweat dries on their skin leaving a terrific odour.  Please know how your body reacts  and avoid doing things that'll make you sweat. If it means owning 2 or more hand towel,  please do.  I realize whenever I'm in a rush,  I sweat. For the love of my makeup,  I remain calm and try to avoid the rush.
3. Avoid Cheap Perfumes/ Spray:
I'm not saying you shouldn't own smart collections and all.  I use smart collections too and it's less than 500 or even 400 at least.  We know there are cheap perfumes that you dare not use cos they'll leave a terrible smell on you.  All those kinda mallam perfumes that could make you puke even before you step out, please stop eeet. 
You could smell good with collections like smart,  rexona,  color me,  urban e.t.c. I could make an endless list of them.
4. Invest In Anti Perspirant :
These products will help keep the underarms dry and  non-sweaty for a while.  For those of yall that sweat a lot.  Get some very good anti Perspirant like sure,  dove,  nivea,  even some body sprays could serve as anti Perspirant.  All these are easy if only you could give this a try. 
5. Never ignore the Magic in those perfumes : All what I mentioned are not complete till you own a perfume.  Please,  get soft smelling ones and not the one that'll knock you out once you spray it once.  Remember you're dealing with body odour,  a strong smelling perfume could either mix up with the body odour or milden it.  The choice is yours tho. You don't have to break the bank to smell good.  You could get perfumes worth 1k or 1500 that will last all day ranging from smart collections (I prefer Joop) ,  Color me (any choice cos they're in varieties) ,  new musk (male or female) e.t.c. If you want to step up your game,  you could get Elizabeth Aiden,  Adidas,  Brown Orchid e.t.c.
6. Stop bleaching :
Most people don't know that bleaching makes one have a bad odour but it truly does.  Please stop it.  Love your skin color.  Someone out there wish he / she has your skin color. 
Here are the easy ways to avoid or gradually reduce body odour. 
How have you dealt with someone around you that has/ had body odour?
Did you spill it out or just kept mute?
Share your experience with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment